Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 45-Oops!

Being in this reflective type of mood, I recalled a passage in the Bible that mentioned guidelines for fasting...What was it again?

I distinctly remember Sister Neonilia quoting it during Lent at St. Josaphat's Ukrainian Catholic School. What a trip she was--made us keep nails in the pockets of our school uniforms for the entire duration of Lent to remind us of "His Suffering." (Hope all you eight year olds had your tetanus shots!)

I hadn't cracked a Bible open since 2008 or 2009 when i kept seeing certain numbers repeated all around me in my daily life, and i had a numerological textual exploration trying to make sense of it all... I could have just played the lottery...

After a quick internet search (so much easier than thinking...) I came across the passage:





 My immediate response, of course, was "Oops!" Seems like the entire premise of blogging about this experience contradicts the purpose of spiritual fasting. Maybe I'm just in it to shed some winter-weight after all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment