Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 35- 8:32pm, Erie-Torresdale El platform

Got a belly fulla nothin'
Well, air perhaps...
Aches like a muted void permeating my midsection
Muscles contract, contract again, cramp
Little bubbles pop inside my abdomen
Where in the hell did they come from?!
Gastric activity compensating for the lack of food?

Man, I wish I had some pizza.
Deep dish style like Lou Manalti's on Wrightwood Ave. in Chi-town?


 Nah-
I'm a thin-crust kinda gal :)

Like that Mexican pizza we had delivered to Carlos' apartment when we paid him a visit in downtown Cancun, 1989. I was seven years old; that pizza was damn delicious.

In any case, Carlos' live-in girlfriend sure was not pleased when my mom showed up, three kids in tow, to drop in on her former lover.

The tension was palpable--but of little concern to children in the midst of American sitcoms dubbed into Spanish (Mexican ALF!), and the hammocks hanging in the kitchen (which we took turns using as swings).

Mom warned us not to play in those hammocks: "It's like getting into someone else's bed."

People should heed their own advice sometimes (ah, see, now I'm just being overly dramatic ;)

But anyway, that pizza. Was. So. Good.

Came from Dominoes Pizza as a matter of fact. See, I LOVE me some thin crust, and this Mexican Dominoes Pizza from 22 years ago was by far THE best thin-crust pizza I ever had.

They must have concocted a special recipe--It seemed like the cook used a tortilla rather than dough. So light, so crispy. The perfectly delicate, yet sturdy enough to withstand the toppings. Saborocissimo, mofo!

Maybe just one more taste of this fantasy thin-crust pizza could satiate the hunger-void?
Oh, maybe it's just gas...

2 comments:

  1. you should try a Sicilian pie here in Philly delphia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, obviously you've had them before...

    ReplyDelete